Seniors in Service
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc. manages volunteers to meet the challenges of the community with services that offer mentoring, tutoring and companionship through customized training, support and recognition of our volunteers.
Incorporated in Hillsborough County in 1984 as a Non-Profit 501(c)(3); Created to engage retirees in this community for the benefit of those in need as well as their own fulfillment;Since our inception the client base has increased over 400% and quadrupled programs;
Founded to serve Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Polk counties.
Who our Volunteers are:
- Screened, Level II background-checked, “SERVE” registered
- Trained and Insured
- Committed to a regular schedule
- Valued and appreciated partners of Seniors in Service
Our Benefits for the Community:
- We provide approximately 250,000 community service volunteer hours annually.
- SIS engages more than 550 volunteers for active volunteering to address community needs.
- Our programs positively impact the lives of more than 2,000 children and improves the lives of more than 500 seniors annually.
- We make 2,500+ referrals for seniors to appropriate agencies.
- We are advocates for geriatric issues and senior’s needs.
- SIS tracks trends of senior demographics and the impact of the aging and growing boomer populations.
Who our Funders are:
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- United Way Suncoast
- Hillsborough County Public Schools District
- Pinellas County Schools District
- Hillsborough County BOCC
- City of Tampa
- Children’s Board of Hillsborough County
- The S. L. Gimbel Foundation
- Conn Memorial Foundation
- The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay
- Rays Baseball Foundation
- TD Bank Charitable Foundation
- BJ’s Charitable Foundation
- Publix Super Market Charities, Inc.
- Junior League of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Out of every dollar donated, 93% goes directly into programs and services, per the 2012 Independent Financial Audit;
Exceeds standards of the National Charities Information Bureau;
Annual Independent Financial audits demonstrate the fiscal integrity of Seniors in Service as audit express an “unqualified” opinion (a “clean” audit) and that Seniors in Service is in compliance with all city, county, federal and other contracts.
Seniors in Service values diversity; individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender, and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.