Seniors in Service
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc. manages volunteers to meet the challenges of the community with services that offer mentoring, tutoring and companionship through customized training, support and recognition of our volunteers.
Incorporated in Hillsborough County in 1984 as a Non-Profit 501(c)(3); Created to engage retirees in this community for the benefit of those in need as well as their own fulfillment. Serving Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Polk counties.
In 2013, approximately 500 senior volunteers helped over 2,500 at-risk seniors and children, (other assistance was also offered through younger volunteers).
Our mission is to connect adult volunteers, particularly those aged fifty-five plus, to help children succeed in school and elders remain independent by recruiting and training devoted and skillful volunteers.
Who our Volunteers are:
- Screened, Level II background-checked, “SERVE” registered
- Trained and Insured
- Committed and caring
- Valued and appreciated partners of Seniors in Service
Our Benefits for the Community:
- SIS engages more than 700 volunteers for active volunteering to address community needs.
- Our programs positively impact the lives of more than 2,000 children and improves the lives of more than 500 seniors annually.
- We make 2,500+ referrals for seniors to appropriate agencies.
- We are advocates for geriatric issues and senior’s needs.
- SIS tracks trends of senior demographics and the impact of the aging and growing boomer populations.
Who our Funders are:
|Corporation for National and Community ServiceChildren’s Board of Hillsborough County
United Way Suncoast
Hillsborough County BOCC
Hillsborough County Public Schools
City of Tampa
Pinellas County Schools
The S. L. Gimbel Foundation
Aetna Foundation, Inc.
Fifth Third Bank
| Allegany Franciscan Ministries Conn Memorial Foundation
BJ’s Charitable Foundation
The Saunders Foundation
TD Bank Charitable Foundation
The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay
Cruise Industry Charitable Foundation
Rays Baseball Foundation
DeBartolo Family Foundation
Duke Energy Foundation
Publix Super Market Charities, Inc.
and with Much Gratitude to our Donors.
Out of every dollar donated, 93% goes directly into programs and services, per the 2013 Independent Financial Audit;
Exceeds standards of the National Charities Information Bureau;
Annual Independent Financial audits demonstrate the fiscal integrity of Seniors in Service as audit express an “unqualified” opinion (a “clean” audit) and that Seniors in Service is in compliance with all city, county, federal and other contracts.