News Celebrating Our Volunteers and the Benefits of Volunteering
- Welcome RSVP Pinellas!
- Connecting through Virtual Engagement
- Building Hope and Continuing Care
- Supporting Seniors and Veterans
- Saving Our Seniors and Volunteerism!
- Tampa Bay Lightning Community Heroes!
The Show Must Go On! Seniors in Service Volunteer Appreciation Event Goes Virtual! In this issue, we highlight the 2020 Heroes of Service Award winners from each area of Seniors in Service
- Christian Slater with Health Buddies
- Zoraida Class with TelePals
- Norm Bungard with Operation: Veteran Connect
- Irma Amador Acosta with Senior Companion
- “Grandma” Manning with Readers in Motion
- “Grandma” Louise with Foster Grandparents
- Don and Connie Smith with RSVP
- RSVP continues to connect people aged 55+ to the volunteer opportunities of their dreams by teaming up with CARES Elfers!
- Senior Companion volunteers continue to help isolated homebound elders or veterans live independently, with dignity, in their own homes.
- TelePals continue to provide ongoing telephone reassurance to keep people connected during this time of social isolation.
- Operation: Veteran Connect partners up with Blue Star Mothers to send appreciation to servicemembers.
- Readers in Motion expands program to a community-based model.
- Health Buddies partner up with the Crisis Center to continue to support individuals living with chronic diseases.
- Foster Grandparents GEARED UP to go virtual!
- RSVP continues to address community issues, like food insecurity.
- Senior Companion volunteers prepare to visit their clients once more.
- Dining Out At Home served over 87,100 meals.
- TelePals continue to connect and reduce isolation throughout Tampa Bay.
- Operation: Veteran Connect sends support and love to troops overseas.
- TelePals has helped reduce social isolation for over 100 Tampa Bay seniors.
- We shifted to virtual service delivery, with client referrals and volunteer applications on www.TelePalNow.org and volunteer training delivered through virtual e-Learnings.
- Readers in Motion kept kids and parents engaged with reading challenges that helped them with e-Learning and inspired parent engagement.
- Dining Out At Home worked with community partners, responding to the 300% increase in requests from low-income seniors for home-delivered meals.
- Seniors in Service continued to provide volunteers with service opportunities to serve with local non-profits.
- Building Literacy with Intergenerational Impact
- Dr. Paykel honored as a 2018 Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Hero at Work
- CEO corner – In 2018 I think collaboration!
- RSVP Volunteer Becky Gilmore shares why Helping Kids go to College Feeds Her Soul
- Sun City Center’s Tradition of Volunteerism Thrives
- Congratulations, Cathie Schroder!
- Bucket List Accomplished
- Volunteering Can Be Fun and Social Too!
- Thank You Again to Sponsors for our Inaugural Film Screening in May!
- Foster Grandparents Post HUGE IMPACT Results
- Positively Tampa Bay Features Seniors in Service
- Bridging Generations Breakfast – THANK YOUs!
- New Seniors in Service Munchkins!
- Expansion and Name Change for Readers in Motion
- We Offer a Volunteer Experience for EVERYONE
- Calling All Veterans – A NEW Chance to Serve
- Board Chair Herma White Challenges Tampa Bay to Help Our Community
- President/CEO Tammy Criollo Announces Expansion
- Our New Staff Members Sound Off About Working at Seniors in Service
- Hillsborough County Public Schools Exemplary Program & Head Start Partner Awards
- Grandma Sees Her FIRST In-Person Rays Game
- Our Senior Companion Program Featured on Fox 13’s “What’s Right With Tampa Bay”
- LPNI Sunset Safari, Graduation and Scavenger Hunt
- Older Americans Month and Seniors Corps Week
- 2 Volunteers Enter St. Pete’s Senior Hall of Fame
- CEO Corner: Senior Corps Volunteering Brings Better Health
- 2 New Board Members & Marina Goes to Harvard!
- WE WON! The WEDU Be More Knowledgeable Award
- Bridging Generations Luncheon – Keynote Speaker Superintendent of Schools Dr. Michael Grego
- “Hats Off to Volunteers” Recognition Event to Honor Our Devoted Volunteers
- Teacher Terry Rodriguez talks about Volunteer of the Year “MeeMaw” Hendrix
- So What Does Seniors in Service Do?
- CEO Corner … 2017 is Rocking and Rolling
- Oak Grove Kindergartners Read a Ton of Books
- Welcome … New Board Chair Herma White
- Commendation from Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners
- Letter from President Obama
- WINNER … 2016 Heroes at Work Award Goes to Senior Companion Wilbur Wiggins!
- So What Do Senior Companions Do?
- 32nd Annual Bridging Generations Breakfast
- New Volunteers and Satellite Office in St Pete
- CEO Corner … 2016 Was Quite a Year!
- Oak Grove Kindergartners Met a Tarantula!
- New Board Member Dr. Valerie Brimm