Our Story is Written by Our Volunteers
Founded in 1984 as a Florida nonprofit 501(c)3, our mission is to provide solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+. We help disadvantaged children, frail elders, overwhelmed caregivers, disabled adults, struggling veterans, hungry families and more. Our volunteers also benefit from staying active and purposeful. We engage 900+ volunteers annually in collaboration with 150+ community partners to help 5000+ underserved individuals. During 36+ years of service, we have provided over 5 million hours of community assistance with fair market value exceeding $131.6 million. We are a fiscally conscious, financially stable non-profit recognized for our track record of successful outcomes. Our recent Independent Audit shows over 93% of each dollar goes to program services.
Engaging volunteers is our specialty. We help underserved people throughout Tampa Bay through multiple programs that engage caring, skillful volunteers to make a difference. We engage volunteers as Tutors/Mentors to help impoverished children improve literacy. We engage volunteers as Senior Companions to help isolated elders age in place. We engage volunteers as TelePals who reduce social isolation and as Health Buddies to empower elders with chronic disease to manage their own wellness. We engage volunteers who are Veterans & feel a special calling to serve others who’ve served our nation. We engage volunteers to serve other nonprofits to help them achieve their missions.
For us, it’s more than a tagline. We are GEARED UP TO SERVE!
Seniors in Service is proud of more than 36 years of service to Tampa Bay’s children, elders, caregivers, disabled adults, veterans, adults with disabilities, and hungry families with a fair market value exceeding $131.6 million. Seniors in Service gets volunteers in the Tampa Bay area “Geared Up To Serve.” Each year we:
- Engage more than 900 volunteers for active volunteering to address community needs.
- Coordinate volunteers with programs that positively impact the lives of more than 7,500 children, seniors, family caregivers, Veterans, and food-insecure families.
- Collaborate with over 150+ community partners.
- Advocate for geriatric issues and senior’s needs.
- Track trends and the impact of the aging populations.
1306 W Sligh Ave
Tampa, FL 33604
Financial transparency is a cornerstone of our mission:
- Out of every dollar donated, 93% goes directly into programs and services, per the 2019 Independent Financial Audit.
- Seniors in Service exceeds standards of the National Charities Information Bureau.
- Annual Independent Financial audits demonstrate the fiscal integrity of Seniors in Service, as audits express a “clean” audit, showing Seniors in Service is in compliance with all city, county, federal and other contracts.