Our Story is Written by Our Volunteers
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc. was incorporated by the State of Florida in 1984 as a private, not-for-profit corporation with federal 501(c)(3) status. Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc. is a fiscally sound, sustainable, and innovative organization. Recognized for its outstanding ability to engage, manage, and mobilize annually more than 700 volunteers aged 55+ in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco counties, meeting the needs of the underserved in our community through collaboration with more than 150 community partners. The Corporation for National & Community Service (CNCS) has relied on Seniors in Service to sponsor its key initiatives, the Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent programs for decades in the Tampa Bay area. Our track record of successful outcomes and savings for the community are unparalleled.
Seniors in Service is celebrating more than 30 years of service and 4,250,000 hours of assistance to Tampa Bay’s vulnerable children and elders with a fair market value exceeding $76,000,000. Seniors in Service gets volunteers in the Tampa Bay area geared up and:
- Engages more than 700 volunteers for active volunteering to address community needs.
- Coordinates volunteers with programs that positively impact the lives of more than 2,000 children and improve the lives of more than 500 seniors annually.
- Makes 2,500+ referrals for seniors to appropriate agencies.
- Advocates for geriatric issues and senior’s needs.
- Tracks trends and the impact of the aging populations.
1306 W Sligh Ave
Tampa, FL 33604
Send a Message
Financial transparency is a cornerstone of our mission:
- Out of every dollar donated, 93% goes directly into programs and services, per the 2019 Independent Financial Audit.
- Seniors in Service exceeds standards of the National Charities Information Bureau.
- Annual Independent Financial audits demonstrate the fiscal integrity of Seniors in Service, as audits express an “unqualified” opinion (a “clean” audit), showing Seniors in Service is in compliance with all city, county, federal and other contracts.