Location: Right from the comfort of your home! All you need is your telephone and time.
Purpose: Provide ongoing companionship and support to seniors who may feel isolated or lonely. In addition, provide encouragement to help them remain connected to their communities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Place calls to assigned clients
- Treat TelePals with kindness, consideration, and respect
- Check on TelePal’s wellbeing, reporting any concerns to Seniors in Service
- Comply with the Confidentiality Agreement to protect both parties
- Adhere to program policies
- Reside in Hillsborough, Pinellas, or Pasco Counties
- Pass a National Sex Offender background check (no charge)
- Ability to speak positively about daily life and shared interests and to be an encouragement to older adults
- Engage older adults by asking considerate and thoughtful questions
Commitment Expected: As little as one hour a week
Training: After receiving your completed application, you will be sent links to a 9-minute Training Video and helpful TelePals Documents
Next Steps: Fill out the below form