Location: ReDefiners – 8056 N 56th St, Tampa, FL 33617
Purpose and Duties: ReDefiners is a pioneering non-profit organization with the goal of developing a compassionate community of global citizens, who are both economically and socially responsible, through world language and cultural enrichment. A front desk volunteer may be the first point of contact that a caller or visitor has with the organization. At all times, they must demonstrate a warm, professional and helpful attitude.
Time Commitment: Shifts are flexible.
Training/ Requirements: Computer literacy and phone etiquette.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet visitors, tutors and learners when they enter the center.
- Ensure visitors get the help they require in a timely manner.
- Answer the phone. Take and record messages as needed.
- Monitor the volume level in the center and report challenging situations to staff.
- Help staff with small administrative tasks, when requested
- Be at least 55 years old.
- Must have a driver license.
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies, including a level II background check.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computers, adaptive technologies and software an asset, but not required
Next Steps: Contact Rita Sibaja Below