Seniors in Service volunteers deserve the Royal Treatment, and that’s exactly what they received at our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon in December.
At Seniors in Service, this is the best day of the year! Volunteers of all different ages, talents, and cultures come together to celebrate the thing they have in common, a heart for serving others!
We welcomed over 400 new and first-year volunteers and honored over 70 volunteers who have been serving for over a decade, some for over two decades. There were smiles, raffle prizes, good food, awards, and dancing!
City of Tampa Mayor Jane Castor shared a video message with our volunteers and summed up their value in Tampa Bay with these words, “Each one of you has touched individual lives and made them better. Together you are transforming entire communities. Thank you for volunteering today to create a better tomorrow.”
Congratulations 2022 Heroes of Service
These individuals were recognized for their servant leadership within their program, going above and beyond to help their community and their fellow volunteers.
- Foster Grandparents Hillsborough – Euthar Brown
- Foster Grandparents Pinellas – Rebecca Bray
- Health Buddies – Sana Lulu
- Operation: Veteran Connect – Neonkita Frazier
- Resource Advocates – Sharon Render-Johnson
- RSVP Hillsborough – Jim Mecsko
- RSVP Pasco – Vance Sheer
- RSVP Pinellas – Helen O. Hall
- Readers in Motion – Debra Epps
- Senior Companions – Crista Garrido
We welcomed AmeriCorps Seniors Portfolio Manager Lani
Richardson to help show appreciation for the hundreds of
AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers serving throughout Tampa Bay.