Purpose: Help Veterans and Military Families by supporting the Whole Health Initiative at James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital, Bay Pines VA Healthcare System and other veterans serving sites.
Qualifications: Great opportunity for individuals and their families who are looking to serve Veterans and/or Military Family Members in a meaningful way. Maybe you are a Veteran, a military family member, active military, a high school or a college student, a corporate or a family group, and a former AmeriCorps member. Volunteer may need to pass a TB Tine test and a National Criminal History Background check based on the volunteer opportunity. Each volunteer needs to complete an OVC Community Volunteer Application. –
Activities may include
- Delivering or serving food
- Writing thank-you notes or encouragement letters
- Serving with Veterans at community fairs or special projects
- Garden projects
- Assembling Care Items for Veterans and their family members
- Holiday Events like the 911, Martin Luther King, Day of Caring, Veterans Day
- Phone calls to socially isolated, elderly, or disabled Veterans
Benefits: flexible time commitment, will gain valuable skills, meet new people, and the opportunity to participate in recognition and social events
Time Commitment: Volunteers can serve at least 2
hours per activity on a one-time or recurring basis.
Training: Orientation will be given by Operation:
Veteran Connect staff.
Sign up below!