Purpose: Resource Advocate volunteers provide support virtually or in-person following guidelines to keep participants healthy and safe.
Resource Advocates connect, transform and empower individuals by helping them successfully access essential community resources to meet their needs. Resource Advocates don’t merely connect people to resources; they follow up to ensure that the benefits are received. Resource Advocates help empower individuals, enabling sustained self-sufficiency to transform their lives, making a difference in our community that benefits us all.
Community Resources include:
- Housing Stability: Eviction Mitigation, Emergency Rent, Affordable Housing, Homelessness
- Food-security: SNAP enrollment, Meal delivery, Food pantries
- Financial Stability: Financial Literacy, Employment, Unemployment enrollment
- Companionship & Homemaker Services: In-home, Telephone Reassurance, Adult Activity Centers
- Health care: Medicare/Medicaid enrollment; Free medical clinics, Long term care
- Domestic Violence
- Virtual Web-based Training
- Response to Natural Disasters
Who it helps: Clients include people from all walks of life – seniors, veterans, disabled individuals, caregivers, young adults, families, victims of domestic violence, individuals impacted by the criminal justice system – many who are struggling for the first time to make ends meet. Services empower clients to get back on their feet and are provided at no charge to them in collaboration with The Resource Empowerment Centre and Pasco CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services.)
Responsibilities and Training: Volunteers are trained to help clients access and receive essential community resources for sustained self-sufficiency needed to change their lives. Training includes: Community Resources for Common Needs; Client Confidentiality; Eligibility Requirements & Required Documentation; Enrollment & Follow-up Procedures
Time Commitment: Flexible
Location: Resource Advocates currently serve in Hillsborough County. Pasco & Pinellas coming soon! (Don’t wait to sign up – we’ll be in touch!)
- Email Chris Noble at email@example.com OR
- Call (813) 492-8916 for more information OR
- Fill out the contact form below!