Location: Private residential homes and non-profit centers.
Purpose and Duties:
- Provide ongoing companionship and support to seniors who may feel isolated or lonely. In addition, provide encouragement to help them remain connected to their communities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accompany clients to social activities and medical appointments (does not include transporting client)
- Assist with activities of daily living and simple chores (excluding personal or medical care)
- Encourage clients to stay active and connected
- Comply with Confidentiality Agreement to protect both parties
- Adhere to program policies and procedures
- Reside in Hillsborough County
- Pass a Level II Background Check
- Ability to listen and provide companionship
- Patience, compassion, and dedication
- Volunteers are expected to serve at least 15 hours per week
- After receiving your completed application, you will be registered for 20-hour Pre-Service Orientation.
- Upon completion of the 20-hour Pre-Service Orientation volunteers are required to complete a 20-hour shadowing training with an experienced volunteer
- Subsequent trainings are provided on a regular basis
- If you are interested in becoming a Senior Companion, please follow the link to our online application: https://seniorsinservice.org/contact/senior-companion/
- OR reach out through the form below.