Encourage better health through social connection
Health Buddies engages compassionate, trained volunteers to provide encouragement, education, and support to individuals living with chronic conditions. Through regular telephone reassurance, we are improving the health of individuals who need it most.
Health Buddies empower individuals living with chronic conditions to…
- Enhance their quality of life
- Lower stress and anxiety
- Self-manage their health
- Live independently
- Reduce loneliness
What do Health Buddies do?
- Commit to calling your “buddy” on a regular schedule
- Engage in meaningful conversation about their well-being
- Listen for “red flags” that may need to be addressed
- Connect them to additional community resources
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old and complete a background check.
Time Commitment: Whatever time you can devote is great, whether it be just a couple of hours a week or more.
Training: 8-minute “Introduction to Volunteering” video along with ongoing videos to help develop Health Buddies volunteering skills.
Next Steps: Complete the form below